Color

I can't believe it has almost been a month since my last posting. My most humblest of apologies. I know you sit in front of your computer pressing the refresh button on this blog waiting for the next post. ;)

I am sitting here listening to the CD that never leaves the player in my bedroom, the Amélie soundtrack. I love french music and the ambiance that comes with it. I loved the movie as well. It will always be my favorite. One of the aspects that I love so much about it is the use of color. The colors are so incredibly vivid and inspiring. 

Color is so over-looked in our daily lives. Most of the time we don't think about it until there is something that stands out to us, like a gorgeous blue sky or a rich green field.

Leela Ford uses color to her full advantage in her artwork. It's so beautiful. She is an incredibly talented young woman from Victoria, BC. Please visit her Etsy shop and take a look at her work. You can also find her on Flickr.

I challenge you to see with different eyes this week and take in the colors around you. I'd love hear about what you've seen. 

Hopefully we'll have some examples to share over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment