Alrighty Then...



I promised in my last post to let you know about the shows I saw a few weekends ago. Here's my little recap.

We visited the Got Craft? show first. It was held at the Royal Canadian Legion on Commercial Drive. I've never been in the building before, but it has a good sized auditorium. There were over 55 vendors and it was busy. Usually I hate crowds, but this one was great. It was a little on the warm side in there, but it cooled down towards the end. There was some really great vendors with all kinds of items. Here's a great little selection spread over at Poppytalk.
Something I found very exciting was the DIY table hosted by Spool of Thread. They had projects to make your own pinwheel pin (see mine below). Spool of Thread is Vancouver's first Sewing Lounge! I think it's an awesome idea and I hope it really takes off. Take a look at their site, that links to their blog and you'll see why this is just so cool!

The Make-It Show was at the Croatian Cultural Centre. I've never been to the Centre before, but it's a great venue. I had won tickets to get in through V.I.A (Vancouver Is Awesome), which is such a great site, check it out!!
There were, I believe, over 100 vendors and a great mix of items. I was pleased to see that some people doubled up and had tables at both events, which I thought was a great plan. Both events also had some great DJs.
There were also some great examples at both shows of great eco-friendly and upcycled products; great belt buckles made from skateboards, kids clothes from adult t-shirts.
There's a great card shop called Hug + Kiss Designs. They are really some of the funniest cards I've seen. I picked one for a friend's upcoming birthday.
I also picked up a hand mirror from OlaDesigns, that wouldn't photograph well for me.
Below are some of the images from the Got Craft? show and a few of the products I got.







No comments:

Post a Comment