We will not forget

I have grown up in a military family. My father served in the Canadian Navy for 40+ years, one of my grandfathers fought in WWI, the other in WWII. Even one of my grandmothers, served during WWII and my great-uncle was killed on D-Day. My family has a long history of military service. Remembrance Day has always been a day that is close to my heart. Maybe knowing that if a war happened, my father could have been called in action or just the feeling that so, so many gave their lives protecting what we all hold dear, our freedom. We live in a world that war should not exist, but it does. Men and women are fighting right now, as you read this. We may feel detached from that as we go about our daily lives, perhaps never knowing. If you don't, I encourage you to watch this video and the many more that are out there, learn and never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment