New Year, New Beginnings...


Well, we are well into the New Year now and hopefully it's treating you right so far...
I've been busy with life and other craftiness. I have a new nephew on the way in the upcoming weeks so some of my time has been consumed with baby things. I will post some creations once I have some good photos. He's the first grandchild for my parents and niece/nephew for us, so it's very exciting.

Late last year I joined the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and I'm working on a small wall hanging for show-and-tell for the next mtg, I will also post photos once I get the time. It's a fun group of folks and I have enjoyed the few mtgs that I've attended :) I'm looking forward to the challenges and events in the upcoming year with them.

How were your holidays? Mine were relatively quiet. I got a Michaels card for a gift and promptly went Boxing Day shopping, but I was good, I didn't spend it all. I decided to take up knitting (stop laughing) and got some Alpaca yarn and needles. I'm knitting a cowl/neck warmer-type scarf like this one, but not ribbed or red (mine is plum)....
Continental Rib NeckWarmer by KnotChaCha
I've also got some fab toggles for it. Of course, it'll probably be too hot to wear, but I really do enjoy knitting, it's a lot more relaxing than I thought. It's very easy to leave and pick up later. Of course, my mum was showing me how to knit, and was teaching me while doing one for herself. She had finished hers, decided she didn't like, taken it all apart and was half done again by the time I was half finished, ha, figures...

2 comments:

  1. Actually I'm not sure I like the second one, so maybe I'll rip it apart too!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love the neck warmer you're working on. Good for you. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete