PotHolder Swap

The VMQG had a full day retreat on Saturday and it was great. I love sewing retreats as they make me buckle down and get things done, since I get so distracted at home. The retreat was a FULL day, 9am to 10pm, with probably a hour and a half of not actually sewing. I worked on two projects, details to come.
At our last VMQG meeting there were requests to see if anyone was interested in a PotHolder swap with the Fraser Valley Modern Guild. I thought, why not?? So I signed up and during the retreat, I got my partner's details...
So now I need to come up with a design. It's tricky and I don't want to give too much away on my blog, so let's see what you guys think of these different ones :)

From Flickr

From LolaNova

potholders 001
From Flickr

Potholder Pass 2 Swap
From Flickr

Potholders
From Flickr


Of course I have specifics for the potholder for my partner, what they like and don't like. I also have to decide if I should put a grommet on it or a loop. I'm thinking the loop, since I don't have a grommet kit and I'd have to go buy one...ha.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your potholders! I like those bright, simple strip-pieced potholders in the bottom picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that your experience with a retreat is EXACTLY the opposite of mine! i get totally distracted and get nothing done. it felt like i barely managed an hour and a half of sewing, though it was probably more than that.

    i have to start thinking about my potholders too... i got my info a week earlier than you guys, so i have a few ideas floating around in my head, but nothing definite.

    i like all of the stripey ones that you've shown, both precise and wonky. i LOVE the selvedge one, because one day i'm going to do something with my stash of them, and i love the idea of the doily one, if it was in super bright colours. i love dyeing doilies.

    apparently i love a lot of things tonight!

    ReplyDelete