A New Quilt

Last year my little sister gave birth to my wonderful and amazing nephew! He's brought so much love and light into our lives. Next January, my other little sister (I'm the oldest of 4 here)... is having her first. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet.
So my sister's baby shower is this weekend, however, she lives in Gatineau, QC, near Ottawa, so I won't be attending. But I made something to send along....

IMG_8222
Front...obviously

IMG_8223
Back

I should note, this is a quilt for my sister, not the new baby. I think it's nice to do things for the momma at baby showers, since she's going to get some much for the baby anyway. This is something nice that she can curl up with when she's feeding and snuggling that precious new baby!
My sister tends not to read my blog, I believe, so I'm not really worried about her seeing it ahead of time and if she does, oh well.
It was actually my first time quilting without any pre-planning, I think I probably should have done more around the blocks, but I don't think it's too bad. I threw it in the washer and dryer last night, so it's a little wrinkled. Also, I'm still deciding if I like the back, but it was a good way to use up the fabric. Thanks to my "willing" assistant Karen for holding it up :)

2 comments:

  1. It's soooo beautiful! Great job lady

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your sister will love it! What a nice thought to take care of the mother at a baby shower. I like the mix of floral prints you used, Bronwyn!

    ReplyDelete