Happy New Year!!

If you remember this time last year it was New Year and hence a new word, my word for 2012 was "IMPROVE" and I think I did a pretty good job. I definitely think I need to create something of a journal for all the things that I have done that I think relate to my chosen word. Here are a few things that I know I "improved" in 2012.
  • cooking - I definitely upped my cooking skills and I am cooking a lot more at home as a result. I even treated myself to a new dutch oven at Christmas.
  • food consciousness - I became a lot more conscious of what I was eating, mostly thanks to my good friend Ariella, a holistic nutritionist. She helped me recognize a lot of what I was eating and what to cut out and what to focus more on. She's been a huge help to me!
  • creatively - While I, honestly, didn't do much last year in the way of projects, I did come up with lots of new ideas and I think I have improved my creative process.

This year I guess I have a new word "TRY" and a new motto "TRY NEW THINGS". It might sound a little basic, but I find I get stuck with doing the same thing over and over and not adding something new to the mix, or at least trying...
I started off the year by trying something new with a polar bear swim on New Year's Day with my sister and brother-in-law. I have also tried to be handy in my apartment and I did fix a part on my dishwasher, haha. I am continuing my improvement in cooking and made an awesome salmon and asparagus with pesto dish for dinner last night.... I'm on my way! :)



1 comment:

  1. Not a bad motto for the new year, mine last year was "do what makes you happy" and i think i kinda stuck to it;)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete